Thursday, July 18, 2013

The "Big Reveal" of the cover of my new Cinderella fairy tale retelling!

Here it is! The cover of The Captive Maiden, a.k.a. my newest fairy tale retelling, a.k.a. my Cinderella story, a.k.a. Valten's story.

 I especially love the dress, which so perfectly matches the ball dress Gisela borrows from her neighbor Ava. And Gisela, a.k.a. my Cinderella, looks frightened but brave, which is good. :-)

Another stunning cover, I thought. I am very pleased with it.

The book releases in October, and if you really want to bless an author--in this case, me--please pre-order it! If you usually shop at a book store, please go there and pre-order it. If you usually buy your books from Amazon, please pre-order it here. If you usually get your books from CBD, order it here. And if you usually get your books from library, go to your local library and submit a request for them to pre-order it! Pre-orders can really make a difference. So thank you very much for your pre-orders! 

18 comments:

Sarah Pennington said...

Can I just say that this is the best book cover in the entire series?

Seriously. It is.

Also, I want that dress. Really. Really. Want it.

But love the cover; can't wait for the book!

Melanie Dickerson said...

LOL! Yes, it is a fabulous ball dress, isn't it? :-) Thank you, Sarah!

Roseanna White said...

STUNNING! My favorite of them all, and they're all gorgeous. =)

Melanie Dickerson said...

Thanks, Roseanna!!! :-) I hope everybody loves the story as much as the cover! Haha!

Unknown said...

I've pre-ordered! Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH this cover is sooo fantastic!!! I LOVE the dress:) I am totally going to ask my library to pre-order it.

Tina

Melanie Dickerson said...

Thanks, Robin! And thanks, Tina! I appreciate that! :-)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read it!!!

Melanie Dickerson said...

Thanks, Rebekah! :-)

Emily Petit said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so overjoyed to know this book is on its way! I didn't realize you had a new one coming out so soon after the amazing "The Fairest Maiden". I felt so sorry for Valten during Sophie's story: he was rough around the edges but deserved a really loving partner. I'm looking forward to this more than I could possibly tell you!!! I'll definitely pre-order a copy.

Melanie Dickerson said...

Thanks, Emily! I'm so happy you will get to read Valten's love story! :-)

Emily Petit said...

I apologize for my error: I meant to type "The Fairest Beauty"! I know the names of your novels!

Melanie Dickerson said...

That is perfectly okay, Emily! :-) God bless!

Nancy Kimball said...

Melanie! This cover ROCKS!!!

Kathy L Wheeler said...

That cover is amazing. I've written a tame "what happens when Cinderella's slipper fits on the foot of her batty-eyed sister" book. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cinderella stories.

Samantha Marie said...

All your book covers are beautiful! I love how white this one is, just seems perfect. I'm pre-ordering this book for sure. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Em said...

I absolutely cannot wait for this book!!!! So excited to read Valten's story.

Gianna said...

I loved this.
Your huge fan,
Gianna